Tuesday, September 11, 2012

From My Heart to God's

Dear Lord,
     You know my heart. You know how hard I struggle with feelings of helplessness in the face of suffering. How can I make a difference? Even when I do raise my hand to do something, I wonder... does it really matter? Can one person make an impact in a world of hurting children?
     How faithful you are to show me just how important one person can be in the life of another.  I thank you that your hand is on the ministry of Compassion International, and that through them, one good intention builds on another. Remarkably then, not just one child is impacted, but hundreds, and eventually thousands.
     Sometimes it's hard to step out when the need is so enormous. But believing in the power of your direction, it becomes simple. Pledging to sponsor a child through Compassion International is faith in action. It's putting feet to the gospel in order to touch the "least of these."
     Thank you for the opportunity to spread your love to the little people you love so much. Thank you for blessing me so that I might be a blessing.

Your daughter, Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers