Friday, December 4, 2009

Is it "Ho, Ho, Ho," or "No, No, No?"

Some people can't wait for Christmas (like me), but there are many others who dread it. If you're in the first category, you love it all...the music (I've been playing carols for weeks,) the shopping and of course, the tree and decorations.


The second group are the grinches. Ok, that's not a very nice word, but then, some of the "oh no's" can make it miserable for the "ho, ho, ho's." They could be your mother, your sister/brother, or like me, anonymous.


What do you do if you love Christmas and those around you can't wait for it to be over? My method is to stay focused on Jesus, and NOT just in my preparations. As I keep Him foremost in the quiet place of my heart, I remain in perfect peace. Well, maybe not perfect, but you know what I mean.

So, if you're decking the halls and all of your house, 

Forget about Grinches and that one sleeping mouse.
Open your heart and all of your mind,

Let go of worries, just leave them behind.

Look at the night star shining so bright, 

And you'll see only Jesus, His love and His might.


Now, if you're in the "oh no," category, I have nothing to say to you, except this: GET OVER YOURSELF.  OK, that might be a bit harsh. What I really mean to say is: Have a blessed, Christ filled Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers